Great Beginnings Kelso
Welcome to Great Beginnings Kelso. Our brand new, purpose-built long daycare and Kindergarten centre is located on Riverway Drive, Kelso, making this centre the perfect choice for families living in Kelso and surrounding suburbs.
Our Kelso child care centre offers local families quality early learning and Kindergarten for children aged six weeks to six years. We offer extended opening hours from 7.00am – 6.00pm Monday to Friday, and we’re open all year round (excluding public holidays).
Our purpose-built, modern child care centre in Kelso has been designed to be a home away from home for our children and families. The centre offers learning environments that have been designed to nurture and encourage exploration and curiosity.
Each of our learning spaces flow onto a beautiful, resource rich outdoor space that encourages endless opportunities to play. These environments feature a variety of age-appropriate resources, so children can run, skip and play in the great outdoors.
Play is essential to every child's learning and development. It enables children to make decisions, learn, take risks, and have fun. Our Kelso child care centre offers engaging and fun play-based learning activities that are in line with national standards. The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) is designed to engage your child’s interests - allowing them to experience each day in a new way, while supporting their learning in the lead-up to school.
Our Early Learning Curriculum also provides children with:
- Real Life experiences: Children participate in fun and exciting experiences such as woodworking, harvesting the veggie garden, caring for our worm farm and basic cooking skills.
- Sustainability Program: Each age group participates in a sustainability project that help children embed sustainable practices into everyday life. Children learn about recycling, conserving water, growing food, and the importance of looking after and protecting our planet.
- Community engagement: our team are committed to connecting with local services including Kelso State School to foster and provide enhanced learning experiences for the children.
We provide children with nutrient-rich, fresh and seasonal whole foods. These meals are made fresh on site by our Centre cook. For variety, our menu rotates every four weeks, with our cook catering to the unique dietary requirements of every child. Each week, our cook includes foods from difference cultures.
Here at Great Beginnings Kelso, we believe that by encouraging active participation in food preparation, such as growing & harvesting the fruit and vegetables, preparing, and helping cook the meal, children learn to appreciate and understand the importance of healthy eating.
For added convenience, we also offer a community pantry and take-home meals for help support our families.
To explore our Kelso Centre and meet our team, please contact our Family Support Team on 1800 517 086 or book a tour below.
Why you’ll love Great Beginnings Kelso
These are just some of the highlights included in your child’s early childhood education and care experience at our centre.
Take a walk in your child's footsteps
Every day is a different adventure with children, but there are some key elements that make your child’s time so enjoyable at Great Beginnings Early Education Centres.
Scroll through the below to see what a typical day might look like.
|Monday||07:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Tuesday||07:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Wednesday||07:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Thursday||07:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Friday||07:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
Even more reasons why families love our centre:
- We offer an interest-based program guided by the national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and a kindergarten program taught by a Bachelor-qualified early childhood teacher to prepare your child socially and emotionally for the next step in their early education journey.
- You’ll receive daily photos and updates through our all-in-one family app will allow you to stay connected with your child and keep track of their learning, nutrition, sleep times and other updates.
- On-site parking is available for easy pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Our sustainability program teaches children a sense of responsibility and connection to the world around them.
Call our Family Support Team today on 1800 517 394 to chat through your child care needs!
|Age Group||Daily Fee|