Welcome to Great Beginnings Mt Clear. Our Mt Clear child care centre is located 3 minutes’ drive from Midvale Shopping Centre. We provide long day care and early education for families living in Canadian, Mount Helen, Buninyong, Miners Rest and Ballarat East areas. Our bright and well-designed child care centre offers early childhood education for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years from 6:30 am – 6:30 pm.
Our childcare centre in Mount Clear has a team of highly qualified and passionate early childhood teachers and educators are dedicated to ensuring every child feels safe, nurtured, and inspired throughout their early years' education journey. We provide families with daily updates and photos detailing their child's early learning and development, which is accessible on our family app.
Great Beginnings Mt Clear is designed to be a home away from home that encourages every child’s exploration. Each learning space extends onto our beautiful outdoor environment, which encourages endless ways and opportunities for play! Our spacious outdoor environments has an abundance of shaded areas, natural trees, grass and a lovely veggie garden. Our playgrounds give children the ability to use their imagination and curiosity alongside educators to create a vast array of engaging activities. Children will safely develop their strength, balance, and self-confidence through play.
We are a big, bright centre with 6 spacious rooms filled with natural light, catering to children from nursery age through to school age. Our educators utilise natural materials to create open-ended learning experiences based on children's interests. We have a large screen for interactive learning. You will see displays all over the centre that celebrate our lovely families and their different cultures.
Play is essential to every child's learning and development. It enables children to make decisions, learn, take risks, and have fun. At our Mount Clear child care centre, our experienced team plan play-based learning activities in line with national standards. The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) is designed to engage in your child’s interests and allow them to experience each day in a new way, supporting their learning in the lead-up to primary school.
Our Early Learning Curriculum also provides children with:
- Real Life experiences: Children participate in fun and exciting experiences such as learning about importance of healthy eating, cooking basics, and a large variety of other activities that stem from children’s interests.
- Sustainability Program: Each age group participates in a sustainability project that link to all 3 types of sustainability, these projects help children embed sustainable practices into everyday life. Children learn about recycling, conserving water, growing food, and the importance of looking after and protecting our planet.
- Community engagement activities: We have six seater prams that we use to take our nursery and toddler children for nature walks along our beautiful country tracks. We take our children to feed the ducks at the creek. We also have an oval close by where we take the children for ball sports.
- Sports program: We engage in Little Sports Heroes every week to help children develop their motor skills.
- Cultural exchange: We engage with a classroom in Japan once a month with the kinder children on our big screen. We share our curriculum with our Japanese friends and send letter, artwork and gifts to them.
- Bush Kinder: We have our bush kinder program once every week. Being outdoors in the natural environment supports children's physical and mental health, as well as their personal and social development.
We provide children with nutrient-rich, fresh and seasonal foods created to please even the fussiest of eaters. For variety, our menu rotates every four weeks and changes every season, with our cook catering to the unique dietary, religious requirements, and allergies of every child.
Here at our Mount Clear early learning centre, we believe that by encouraging active participation in food preparation, such as growing & harvesting the fruit and vegetables, preparing, and helping cook the meal, children learn to appreciate and understand the importance of healthy eating.
We look forward to partnering with you and your family to provide information, support, and high-quality early education and care in your child’s formative years. Book a tour or contact our Family Support Team to start your journey with us today.
Why you’ll love Great Beginnings Mt Clear
These are just some of the highlights included in your child’s early childhood education and care experience at our centre.
Take a walk in your child's footsteps
Every day is a different adventure with children, but there are some key elements that make your child’s time so enjoyable at Great Beginnings Early Education Centres.
Scroll through the below to see what a typical day might look like.
Our purposeful and inspiring rooms
In our nursery rooms, you will see babies engaging individually or in small groups in different types of age-appropriate play.
Extended opening hours to support your busy family life!
|Monday||6:30am - 6:30pm|
|Tuesday||6:30am - 6:30pm|
|Wednesday||6:30am - 6:30pm|
|Thursday||6:30am - 6:30pm|
|Friday||6:30am - 6:30pm|
|Age Group||Daily Fee|
Note: Fees effective from 10 July 2023.
Your family’s daily out of pocket cost will depend on your Childcare Subsidy (CCS) entitlements.
The above fees are before the Child Care Subsidy has been applied. To calculate your estimated subsidy, view our subsidy calculator. We also offer 9-hour, 10-hour and full-day options at our centre which could help optimise your child care subsidy.
If this is your child’s first time in child care, or you’re unsure about the subsidy, learn more about how to apply for the subsidy. Our team of experts are always on hand to guide you through the process, call 1800 517 086.